2D animation - Metamophorsis

28/9/17
Vivien Christian Cahyadi [0331241]
2D Animation




Instruction

Choose an object which you think has an interesting shape. That object will change into your friend's object.



Work Process

The object I chose is a paint brush. First I sketched out my ideas of how it would break apart and transform. My idea is that the brush part will dissolve into liquid form - like paint. Then the wood covering and the metal part would peel off and transform into Sharon's clothing peg.


Then, I made a digital drawing of the brush. Mr. Hafiz said that it needs to have a variation of line weight.


Below is my first take on the metamorphosis animation. First, I drew the brush, then drew the peg. Then I continued doing straight ahead animation, especially during the transformation part. Then I used the pose to pose method when animating the peg. I also added slow in slow out animation principle,  putting more frames at the beginning and at the end. This took quite a while, especially during the transformation part where I need to draw each moving bits.



Feedback : Mr. Hafiz told me to add anticipation.

I did this first by rotating the brush to the left slightly before transforming itself to the right.


Feedback: He told me to give it more anticipation. He explained to me that the brush could swing backwards flexibly, then whips to the right.

This is the result. I animated the brush's hair separately, focusing on the backward movement first. I apply follow through and overlapping action principle on the brush where the hair moves slower than the body. It continues to flap around even when the body stops. I also added stretch to the brush when it swings backwards. 


Comments